Dr. Janet Lowery Professor, English
Dr. Janet Lowery teaches creative writing in poetry, short fiction and travel writing, 20th century Irish literature, literature by Irish women and Irish playwrights, Irish film, 20th century literature, the Literary Magazine, women from classical mythology, and world literature.
Her research areas include women from classical mythology, writing poetry and drama, and work as a co-editor of Odonata House press.
- Doctor of Philosophy - English - State University of New York at Binghamton (1990)
- Bachelor of Science - English - State University College Brockport
- Master of Arts - English - State University College Brockport
- "The Clever Widow: Grief-Work, Humor, and Narrative in Ruth Stone's Poetry"--essay in The House if Made of Poetry: The Art of Ruth Stone--ed by Wendy
- A Heroine-Free Summer--original play-2012
- Traffic in Women: Poetry from Women of Classical Mythology: Odonata House, 2008
- research and writing of poetry leading to Traffic in Women, Part II: A Greif Group in the Underworld--original play--2007
- research and writing of text leading to the production of Traffic in Women, Part III: A Retrial of the Danaids--original play--2008
- research leading to the production of Traffic in Women, Part I: Educating Athena--origianl play-2006
- "Traffic in Women, Parts I, II, III--the plays"
Video of plays on UST archived video site:
Author of plays; videos by various artists
- "Traffic in Women: Poetry from Women from Classical Mythology"
Traffic In Women: poems
Collection of Poetry
Odonata House (1900) Page 107
- "Thin Dimes"
chapbook of poetry
Wings Press (1900)
- ""The Clever Widow: Grief-Work, Humor, and Narrative in Ruth Stone's Poetry""
The House is Made of Poetry: The Art of Ruth Stone
Article in The House if Made of Poetry: The Art of Ruth Stone--ed by Wendy Barker and Sandra Gilbert
A critical essay on several of Ruth Stone's poetry, in particular, "Translations."
Southern Illinois University Press (1900) Page 151-162