Dr. Rosemarie Rosell Professor of Biology
Dr. Rosemarie C. Rosell teaches general biology I and II, general biology laboratory I and II, cell biology, cell biology laboratory, Odyssey- the Freshman Year Experience course, Special Topics: Methods in Molecular Techniques, Special Topics: Research Methods in Biology, and junior and senior seminar.
Her research areas include organismal, cellular and molecular interactions between invertebrate vectors and causative agents of plant and animal diseases. This includes whitefly-begmoivirus-host plant specificity and physiology of whitefly digestive and salivary gland systems, and tissue specific transcriptome analysis of the whitefly begomovirus interaction. Her research also includes endosymbiotic relationships between bacteria and insect vectors, whiteflies and glassy winged sharpshooters, and those between algae and sea anemones, phylogenetics of whitefly primary and secondary endosymbionts, and induction of superoxide dismutase in whiteflies under stress.
- Bachelor of Science - Biology - Rhodes College (1976)
- Doctor of Philosophy - Biology - Memphis State University
- "Bringing research into laboratory courses"
Proceedings of EDULEARN13 Conference, 1st-3rd July 2013, Barcelona, Spain
Authors: Ribes-Zamora A, Amin S, Simmons-Nout A D, Larios-Sanz M, Rosell R C
EDULEARN (2013) Page 5913-5918
- "Implementation of a Service-Learning Module in Medical Microbiology and Cell Biology."
Journal of Microbiology and Biology Education
Authors: Larios-Sanz, M., Simmons, A., Bagnall, R.A., and Rosell, R. C.
American Society of Microbiology (2011) Vol. 12 Page 29-37
- "Twelve polymorphic microsatellite loci from the Asian Citrus Psyllid, Diaphorina citri Kuwayama, the vector for citrus greening disease (Huanglongbing)."
Molecular Ecology Notes
Authors: Laura M. Boykin, Ruth Ann Bagnall, Donald R. Frohlich, David G. Hall, Wayne B. Hunter, Catherine S. Katsar, Cindy L. McKenzie, Rosemarie C. Rosell, and Robert G. Shatters, Jr.
(2007) Page 1202-1204
- "Pre-imaginal Egg Maturation and Bacteriocyte Inclusion in Bemisia aff. gigantea (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae)."
Annals of Entomological Society of America
Authors: Marc T. Coombs, Heather S. Costa, Paul De Barro and Rosemarie C. Rosell.
Entomological Society of America (2007) Vol. 100 Page 736-744