Keeping the story alive when the storytellers are no longer with us”

The Archives of the University of St. Thomas had its beginning in 1975.  A committee of alumna and friends of the University, with Eileen Yeager chairing this endeavor, met twice a week for five years, working the papers of Fr. Vincent Guinan, the first president, and other documents pertaining to the story of the University.

Today, the Archive serves as the repository of those historically valuable materials which document the origins, activities and achievements of the University.   Rows of gray boxes are filled with these documents from the president’s office, other administrative offices, departments, faculty, organizations; photographs; publications; scrapbooks, etc., which have been processed according to archival principles and made available for research purposes.

A collection of memorabilia can be found in the ‘Heritage Room’ located in the Archives.  On display can be found such items as a Hermann Miller chair; the coffee table from the Link Lee Mansion; basketball and cheerleader sweaters; the crown and scepter of the early Mardi Gras events; a 1951 class ring, just to name a few.

On display throughout the campus are photographs that tell the story of the University.  The photographic displays can be found in the following buildings:  Doherty Library, Anderson Hall, Robinson Hall, Malloy Hall, Cullen Hall, Murphy Hall, Jerabeck Activity and Athletic Center, Link Lee Mansion (first chapel).