When ordered by a University official or when an alarm sounds:
- Evacuate IMMEDIATELY and assist others with evacuating.
- Faculty and staff should direct students and visitors to comply with the evacuation order.
- Gather any personal property in the immediate vicinity when evacuating.
- If possible and safe, turn off laboratory gases and exhaust fans, and close doors when exiting
- Exit quickly through the closest exit in a safe and orderly manner.
- Do not use the elevators; only use the stairs.
- Do not try to go to another room, office or other location in the building before evacuating.
- Do not reenter the building until told to do so by a University official.
- Gather in a safe assembly area. If an assembly area has not been designated, move to a safe distance, at least 300 feet from the building being evacuated.
- Stay with your class or group until everyone is accounted for safely.
- Keep clear of sidewalks, driveways or roads. Emergency responders may need unobstructed access to the location.