We are so excited that your son or daughter will be staying with us this summer! UST is a Catholic university that educates students to think critically, communicate effectively, succeed professionally and lead ethical lives. In Guinan Hall, a strong sense of belonging and community fosters lifelong friendships.
As we house your son or daughter, his or her safety is our primary concern. For this reason, we have instituted the following policies:
- Your son or daughter will be permitted to have guests during their stay at Guinan Hall. If you do not wish for them to have this ability, please contact the head of your conference.
- All guests (individuals not being housed in Guinan, including parents) should sign in at the Guinan front desk upon entry and sign out upon exiting. Guests must provide a valid state ID.
- For safety reasons, we require that in order for a minor to sign in as a guest, one of the chaperones supervising their conference must be present and approve the guest.
- Guests are permitted from 8 a.m. to midnight, Sunday through Thursday, and from 8-2 a.m., Friday through Saturday. If your student’s conference mandates a curfew, all guests must be signed out by that curfew time. Students staying in conference housing are not permitted overnight guests.
- Wireless Internet is available in the lobby of Guinan. If you wish, your son or daughter may bring a laptop to access the Internet in the lobby or bring an Ethernet cable to connect to the Internet from his or her room.
- Guinan Hall has a 24-hour access computer lab on the first floor and minors are permitted into the computer lab when a chaperone is present.
Check-in and Check-out Information
- Guest policies remain in place on the dates of check-in and checkout.
- For ease, nametags will be provided for parents and family helping with check-in or checkout.
- The front desk will issue these nametags when you arrive and will hold your state ID during your stay; you will receive your state ID back when the nametags are returned.
- You may park on the street for free, but please obey all traffic signs. (The University is not liable for any tickets received.)
- Parking is also available in the Moran Parking Garage for $2 every time you exit.
- The machine takes $1 or $5 bills as well as quarters.
- You do not need a ticket upon entrance; you simply pay at the machine when you leave.