We Are UST
As employees, we are the faces of UST. Collectively, we are Uniting as a community to increase employee engagement; we are Supporting our students, making the UST experience rewarding for our students and their families; and we are Thinking of improvements to reduce costs and increase efficiencies. Together, we are UST.
One of our goals at University of St. Thomas is to make UST affordable to the Houston community, as envisioned by the Basilian Fathers.
Together, we can accomplish this goal by:
- Reducing costs and increasing efficiencies
- Supporting enrollment and retention
- Increasing employee engagement
We Are UST is designed with faculty, staff and students in mind. The three-prong campaign celebrates employees and their impact on students, and works toward a common purpose: to provide our students with the best possible education and college experience. As a community, we also work to make UST fiscally sustainable and a place that feels like a community.
U – Uniting as a Community
1) Reduce costs and increase efficiencies
Bright Ideas Campaign
- The Bright Ideas Employee Suggestion Program will recognize and reward staff and faculty members' actionable, creative ideas for reducing costs or creating efficiencies
- Ideas could earn up to $1,000
- View Policy at: stthom.edu/BrightIdeas
- Submit a Bright Ideas Suggestion
- With our insight and input, we will make UST stronger with our bright ideas
S – Supporting Our Students
2) Support enrollment/retention
#WeAreUST Social Media Campaign
How to Join the Campaign:
- Use the hashtag #WeAreUST
- Promote your department or group
- Piggy-back on MarCom content
- Push the content to your
All faculty and staff can participate from department social media accounts or personal accounts.
T – Thinking of Improvements
3) Increase employee engagement
Let's help make UST feel even more like a community by getting to know fellow faculty and staff members across campus.
- Attend an employee social hour
- Volunteer for committees & task forces
- Cheer on the Celts at athletic games
- Volunteer for a UST's service project
- Attend campus events
and get to know more students