|Jumpstart Your Career in Human Services|
Many Houston organizations serve the homeless, elderly, mentally impaired, or physically challenged. If you are interested in leading and transforming organizations like these, our specialization in Human Services Management can help.
The specialization applies to courses in one of our graduate degree programs:
As a graduate student in either degree program, you learn how to:
- Set and evaluate vision, mission and strategy
- Understand financial statements for the fiscal health of the organization
- Develop marketing strategy and communicate needs to the marketplace
- Raise funds and write grants
- Navigate the legal environment associated with human resources, government, contracts and funding
- Understand program assessment and measures of effectiveness
- Build and engage partners to include boards, donors, and other agencies
You must be admitted to the degree program of your choice before you can take the human services management courses. As part of the program, you will be expected to complete an internship, practicum or directed study.
After completing the required courses, you will be eligible to take the Human Services Management Certification exam.
Contact our office for more information about scholarships for graduate students.