|Round out Your Degree with Human Services Management|
Learn how to transform organizations that serve people in need, such as the homeless, elderly, mentally impaired, or physically challenged. With a minor in human services management, you get the business knowledge you need to become an effective leader at these organizations.
This program helps you:
- Set and evaluate vision, mission and strategy for the human service organization
- Understand financial statements
- Develop marketing strategy and communicate needs of nonprofits to the marketplace
- Raise funds and write grants
- Navigate the legal environment associated with human resources, government, contracts and funding
- Understand program assessment and measures of effectiveness
- Build and engage partners to include boards, donors, and other agencies
After completing the required courses, you will be eligible to take the Human Services Management Certification exam.
Some courses in the minor include service learning or hands-on course projects that provide opportunities for real-world experience in a human services organization. Other courses may require an in-depth case study experience or internship. To help you with these projects, we partner with a large number of Human Services organizations. Examples include:
- Brookwood Community – a residential and day program that creates an educational environment, meaningful jobs, a sense of belonging and purpose for adults with disabilities
- Salvation Army of Houston – programs and services intended to meet human needs through disaster relief, youth programs, senior programs, rehabilitation, housing, counseling, and financial assistance
- Legacy Community Health – health care services for people from all walks of life regardless of ability to pay
Contact our office for more information about scholarships for undergraduate students.
Required courses for Communication majors
Required courses for Psychology majors