|MS Clinical Mental Health Counseling Admissions|
The Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling is designed to develop mental health leaders to serve the community as licensed professional counselors (LPCs). Our program upholds the highest standards of ethical, legal, and professional conduct; evidence-based clinical practice; social and cultural diversity; social justice and the dignity of all persons; and the ongoing dialog between faith and reason. Experience the University of St. Thomas advantage firsthand by applying now!
Apply Now View Application Checklist
- Baccalaureate or advanced degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Official Transcripts from all institutions attended
- Application and $35 application fee
- 3-5 page double spaced personal narrative essay discussing how your life experiences have led you to pursue a graduate degree in counseling. What might you like to do when you graduate?*
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Interview with a faculty member from the program
Alternate Admission Option
Baccalaureate or advanced degree GPA below 3.0.
- UST will calculate a new GPA using the last 60 credit hours. If the new GPA is still below 3.0, the student will be required to submit competitive Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test scores, taken within the last 5 years (school code 6880).
In addition to the information listed above, International applicants must also submit the following:
- Proof of English proficiency: International applicants (except those who are from countries where English is the only official language, or those who have earned degrees from regionally-accredited U.S. institutions) are required to submit proof of English proficiency. The following options are available to applicants for verification of English proficiency: TOEFL score of at least 100 on the iBT or, an IELTS official score report of at least 7.0, Pearson PTE Academic score of at least 58 or Level 112 issued by the English Language Center (ELS) in Houston, TX,. Applicants who have earned degrees in the United States are not required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Official evaluation of transcripts and diplomas: International applicants must have all transcripts and diplomas evaluated by an accredited evaluation agency. Preferred evaluation agencies are SDR Educational Consultants, World Education Services (WES), and Spantran. Reports must include course-by-course evaluations and grade point average equivalents.
Please contact the Office of International Students and Scholar Services for additional requirements of the Student VISA at email@example.com or by phone at 713/525-3503
Priority Application Deadline
*Applications and all necessary documents must be fully completed by the Priority Deadline in order to be given priority consideration. Applications and all necessary documents received after the Priority Deadline will be considered on a space available basis.
University of St. Thomas
Office of Admissions, Box #7
3800 Montrose Blvd.
Houston, TX 77006