- A baccalaureate degree and master's degree from accredited institutions of higher education with a GPA in graduate study of 3.25 or above
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended with the exception of UST transcripts - these will be retrieved automatically by the Office of Admissions.
- Two recommendation letters sent directly from the individual writing the recommendation attesting to the leadership ability, social justice commitment and scholarship potential of the candidate.
- These letters should come from different sources, e.g., professional and academic.
- These may be mailed (address below) or emailed to the Office of Admissions at email@example.com.
- Professional resume
- A written statement of purpose reflecting the understanding of inequities in K-12 schools, higher education, non-profits or other education-related fields, and the challenges facing leaders in bringing about sustained change that will result in equitable outcomes.
- Reflect in your CV, resume and/or statement of purpose:
- Demonstration of leadership skills and abilities in P-12 schools or related education-related fields (e.g., school reform networks, policy institutions, higher education, nonprofits, etc.)
- Demonstration of professional or personal commitment to ethics and social justice
- Professional experiences which demonstrate problem-solving ability and an interest in critically impacting current educational policies and practices
Permanent residents are eligible to apply and must submit the following in addition to the information listed above.
- Proof of English proficiency: International applicants (except those who are from countries where English is the only official language, or those who have earned degrees from regionally-accredited U.S. institutions) are required to submit proof of English proficiency. The following options are available to applicants for verification of English proficiency: TOEFL score of at least 90 on the Internet-based test or 580 on the paper-based test.
- Official evaluation of transcripts and diplomas: International applicants must have all transcripts and diplomas evaluated by an accredited evaluation agency. Preferred evaluation agencies are SDR Educational Consultants, World Education Services (WES), and Spantran. Reports must include course-by-course evaluations and grade point average equivalents.
- Front and back copy of valid Permanent Residency card
|Submit all admission materials to:|
Office of Admissions
3800 Montrose Blvd., Box #7
Houston, TX 77006