- Baccalaureate or advanced degree overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Application and $35 application fee
- 250-300 word essay on career goals and how the MA or Certificate will contribute to the development of these goals
- Official transcripts*
- Verification of teaching experience**
- Interview by Program Director
*Transcripts must be sent directly from college or university to UST Graduate Admissions to be considered official
**Verification will occur by the academic program during the interview process
Alternate Admission (GPA) Option
Baccalaureate or advanced degree GPA of 2.75 to 2.99.
UST will calculate a new GPA using the last 60 credit hours. If the new GPA is between 2.75 and 2.99, the student will be required to submit graduate admission test scores, taken within the last 5 years. The GRE (school code 6880) requires a minimum score of 146 on the verbal and 145 on the Quantitative sections and an Analytical Writing score of 3.5 or a Millers Analogy Test score of 394 (school code 2256).
All international applicants are required to submit documentation of English proficiency.
The following test scores are required:
English Proficiency Requirements
Although the Texas Education Agency requires the TOEFL scores for students wishing to apply for teacher certification, alternatives for international students NOT seeking certification include:
- A minimum of 7.0 in each section on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or
- A level of 112 issued by the English Language Center, Houston, TX.* or
- A PTE Academic score of 53
Please contact the Office of International Students and Scholar Services for additional requirements of the Student VISA at email@example.com or by phone at 713/525-3503.
Fall: July 15 (U.S. applicants), July 1 (international applicants)
Summer: April 15
Spring: December 13 (U.S. applicants), December 1 (international applicants)
*applicants that apply after the posted deadlines will be considered on a case by case basis.
**In order for transcripts to be official, they should be sent directly from the institution to the University of St. Thomas in a sealed envelope:
University of St. Thomas
Office of Admissions, Box #7
3800 Montrose Blvd.
Houston, TX 77006
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Adam Martinez
School of Education and Human Services / Center for Faith and Culture