|Nursing Admissions for Transfer Students and Students Seeking a 2nd Undergraduate Degree|
Next Start: Fall 2019
We are currently updating our admission requirements and procedures for fall 2019. Please check back for finalized information, including requirements, the application deadline, and the online application.
In previous years, qualified candidates met the following criteria:
- 3.0 overall college GPA, based on a 4.0 scale
- 3.0 science GPA (including Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Microbiology, and Nutrition)
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II (with labs) complete
- At least 5-7 other pre-requisites complete. See Transfer Nursing Guide.
- Submission of a well-written, compelling essay which answered the required questions and followed required formatting (font, page length, etc.). Students accepted to the program demonstrated a passion for nursing as a career and vocation.
|Admission Process and Considerations|
Students are admitted to the School of Nursing by a Nursing Admissions Committee. The application period generally opens in the spring semester.
|In addition to eligibility requirements, the Nursing Admissions Committee considers a number of other factors for potential students, including, but not limited to:|
- All grades for Anatomy and Physiology, Microbiology, Nutrition (if complete)
- Math grades
- Full-time vs. part-time class load
- Patterns of repeats and/or withdraws
- Extracurricular activities and obligations
Students admitted to the UST Carol and Odis Peavy School of Nursing will be subject to participation requirements established by healthcare organizations that host student clinical rotations. This includes criminal background checks, CPR certification and specific immunizations. These requirements may also include verification of identity and compliance with federal immigration law.
Our Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is a 4-year program. Transfer students with some or all pre-requisites complete may be able to graduate in as little as 3 years.
Transfer students can apply with some pre-requisite and core classes in progress. See our Nursing Admissions Coordinator, Cathy Ruhnke, to maximize credit toward UST’s nursing program.
More questions? Check our Frequently Asked Questions page!