Incoming exchange program requirements from sister university exchange programs are managed by the UST Study Abroad Office and counterparts at partner universities. The Study Abroad Offices at both institutions must handle all inquiries and applications.
Deadlines to apply for admissions:
- Fall Semester — April 1
- Spring Semester — October 15
|Home University must email the following documents to email@example.com:|
- Complete and submit the UST Undergraduate Application (Please DO NOT apply online).
- University Transcript
- Send an official copy of the TOEFL (for non-English partner universities) or ILETS. UST TOEFL CODE is 6880.
- TOEFL-ibt (internet-based) minimum=79
- TOEFL-pbt (paper-based) minimum=550
- IELTS minimum=6.5
- Completion of ELS Center level 112
- Once the student is provided an ID number, student can apply for housing online by clicking HERE (student will be sent a contract after you fill out the application and send in proof of immunizations).
- A $300 housing deposit is required.
- Must be 25 or under to live on campus.
- Please note exchange students must move out by 10:00 am the day after the last final exam date.
- Submit all required J-1 International Student Forms for Visa and the following items.
- Copy of passport
- 1 passport sized photo
- ALL IMMUNIZATIONS ARE REQUIRED
- Students must advise the Study Abroad Office of Arrival information (this will allow us to advise the dorms when to expect you).
- Complete flight information including: airline, date, flight number and arrival time.
- Provide Estimated Time of Arrivals to our campus.
- For example: Arriving at UST at approximately 3 AM.
Airport Transportation to UST:
Note that the incoming student is responsible for their transportation from the airport to the housing location. The airports have taxi and rideshare services. It is up to the student’s preference what method of transportation they elect to use whether is it Taxis’ (approximately $60), SuperShuttle, or ride share services. The Main address for UST is 3800 Montrose Blvd., Houston, TX 77006 but arrival to the dorms must be:
Guinan Hall Dormitory Location (all students check in here):
1303 Sul Ross, Houston, TX, 77006
International Student Services
Please visit International Student Services for more detailed information.
Lily Swan, UST’s Director of International Student and Scholar Services
The Residence Hall will open for new exchange students in August. Please check back here or follow up with the Study Abroad Office for the exact date. Your UST student ID card will be issued upon arrival.
2018-2019 Academic Calendar
View the Complete Academic Calendar
August 15, 2018
First Semester Fall exchange students can move into the dorm.
January 9, 2019
First Semester Spring exchange students can move into the dorm.