University of St. Thomas in Houston, Texas logo

Charles Holtsclaw near the University Seal Veteran students who wish to use the GI Bill at the University of St. Thomas should follow the following steps:

  1. Complete and submit the application for undergraduate or graduate admission to UST. You must be admitted as a degree-seeking student to use GI Bill benefits.
  2. Complete the application for GI Bill benefits.
  3. Submit the following documents to the Certifying Official:
    1. DD214 or Active Duty orders
    2. Updated Certificate of Eligibility (COE). The VA will send this to you after you complete step 2.
    3. Army, Navy, Marines and Coast Guard official Joint Service Transcript or Air Force CCAF transcript.
  4. Register for classes, your admissions counselor will advise you on these steps.
  5. Email the Certifying Official at to request your certification appointment. Include your name and student ID #.

Be sure to inform the Certifying Official of any changes in your enrollment.

In addition to the Yellow Ribbon Program, UST participates in the following government programs:

Additional benefit information can be found on the Department of Veteran Affairs website.

Durrell GreenUST has pushed me to grow academically and has really equipped me with the tools to become a successful foreign service officer.”

Durrell Green


Amelia Templeton“After relocating to Houston I was looking for a local campus with plenty of opportunities in my chosen field. I chose UST because I had heard wonderful things about both the school and the Drama department from alumni in my family and social circle. Furthermore, the fact that UST was listed as one of the top veteran friendly schools in the country made it an easy choice.”

Amelia Templeton


Venol Raymond“It is because of St. Thomas and professors like Dr. Sindelar, that I am in the situation to get an internship with the state department. It is all due to the great people I am surrounded by.”

Venol Raymond