The Link-Lee Mansion on the University of St. Thomas campus is one of Houston’s most treasured architectural jewels. In 2001, it became a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, the highest honor the state can bestow on a historic structure.
Originally owned by Houston financier and attorney John W. Link, the mansion was completed in 1912. Years later, it was sold to the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston and later acquired by the Basilian Fathers, a congregation of priests devoted to teaching who founded the University.
In October, 2014, the University's Board of Directors approved the building's renovation and restoration. Friends of Link-Lee, a group of committed supporters and preservationists have undertaken this effort.