|Location and Hours|
The Archives are located in Doherty Library, on the 2nd floor, of the University of St. Thomas, Houston, Texas.
View campus map of UST
Note building #26, the Moran Center Parking Garage with an entrance on Graustark and building #22, Doherty Library, where the archives are located. The University does charge for parking.
Archives Hours: Monday-Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
For research assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-525-3895 for an appointment.
Researchers are welcomed to explore the Archives with an understanding of the following:
- Registration and UST or government issued identification must be provided.
- Personal brief cases, papers, phones (ringers silenced or turned off), laptop computers are allowed.
- Only pencils are to be used.
- No smoking, drinking, or eating is allowed.
- All archival materials must be handled carefully: one folder at a time, keeping all papers in the original order. No materials may leave the archives. Photocopies can be made available.*
- Gloves must be worn when handling photographs.
- For documents contained in private papers, access is at the discretion of the Archivist.
- Researchers are responsible for obtaining copyright permission to publish, reproduce, or distribute any archival material.
- When publishing material from the University archives, credit is to be given to the ‘University of St. Thomas Archives.’
*PHOTOCOPYING: Unless restricted or protected by copyright conditions, photocopies of materials will be supplied for a minimum charge. Copies can be mailed for a minimum charge for shipping and handling. Cash, checks, or money orders are accepted for payment.
The University Archives reserves the right to refuse reproduction of any materials.