The Office of Academic Affairs, led by Dr. Poldi Tschirch, is responsible for maintaining the quality education for which the University of St. Thomas is known. UST offers a wide range of majors and minors and an important core curriculum provided by various schools and programs.
Our core curriculum is one of the most substantial cores in the country, embodying the dialogue of faith and reason and anchored by philosophy and theology. Our education is rooted in the Catholic intellectual tradition and open to continual exploration, dialogue and improvement.
The Office of Academic Affairs objectives include the following:
- Oversight of the planning, organization and administration of all academic programs in the University
- Promotion of UST identity and mission in academic affairs
- Promotion of high academic standards, teaching effectiveness and assessment of educational outcomes throughout the University
- Recruitment, development and evaluation of faculty
- Recruitment, engagement and retention of students