University of St. Thomas in Houston, Texas logo
Steps After Being Admitted

Once admitted to the University of St. Thomas, you will receive a detailed email explaining the immigration documentation you need to submit to us to be issued an I-20. To start you will need:

Please send these original documents through post or courier to:

                University of St. Thomas
                c/o Office of International Student and Scholar Services
                3800 Montrose Blvd., Box 136
                Houston, TX 77006

Oversea Students Applying for an F-1 Student Visa

After we receive all of the required documents from you, we will be able to issue you an I-20. It is very important that you review and sign your I-20 to validate it. If there are any errors, please immediately contact OISSS at or 713-525-3503.

To obtain an F-1 student visa, you will have to present this I-20, your UST admission letter, as well as any other documentation requested by the consulate. Visit for country specific information.

F-1 Students with an Active I-20 in the U.S.

If you have been admitted to UST but are currently enrolled at another U.S. institution, you will need to submit all the required documents above AND a copy of the following:

  • I-94 (Visit to retrieve your I-94)
  • F-1 visa (if available)
  • Current I-20

We will provide further instructions on transferring your I-20 to our university after you submit all the required documents. View this flowchart that explains the process for transfer students.

If you plan to travel internationally during your transfer process, we strongly advise that you travel with a UST I-20 including a travel signature. Please see an International Student Advisor if you have any questions or concerns.