|How to Pay and Plans|
General Information and Dates
All payments or payment arrangements are due prior to the first day of the term.
Bills are emailed to the student University e-mail account. Paper bills are not sent out.
- Summer I 2018 payment deadline is May 24, 2018
- Summer II 2018 payment deadline is June 29, 2018
- Fall, 2018 payment deadline is August 13, 2018
- Spring, 2019 payment deadline is January 7, 2019
- Summer I 2019 payment deadline is May 23, 2019
- Summer II 2019 payment deadline is June 28, 2019
- Company deferment forms are available below.
- Payment plans are available online through your myStThom account after registering for the term.
- Failure to make payment or payment arrangements may result in the student’s registration being cancelled.
All communication will be made via email, and we encourage students to periodically check their student account via myStThom.
|Accepted Forms of Payment|
The business office accepts cash and checks ($30 returned check fee).
Make online payments through myStThom. Payments may be made using American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and e-checks. Credit card payments are accepted online only and are charged a 2.75% convenience fee (American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa). Online e-check payments are also accepted and are not charged the convenience fee.
By enrolling at the University of St. Thomas, the student understands that he or she must follow the formal add/drop and withdrawal procedures of the University and that non-attendance does not automatically withdraw him or her from a course or from the University. Furthermore, enrollment indicates that the student agrees to pay all collection fees, which can be up to 50% of the cost of the principal, including reasonable attorney's fees, which the University may incur if he or she does not fulfill the payment obligations as set forth by his or her enrollment.
Paying Tuition and Fees for International Students
Flywire is a way for tuition and fees to be paid for international students – students get a better exchange rate, 24/7 customer service and eliminates hidden bank fees – with no additional fees.
The University offers a monthly payment plan option administered by Nelnet Business Solutions. The plan provides an interest-free method to pay education expenses in monthly installments through the academic semester instead of paying one lump sum. Access this service through myStThom. View tutorial video.
- Students must be registered for the term and have an outstanding balance for the term to set up a payment plan.
- Payment plans must be set up before the start of the term.
- Payments are made via direct debit or credit card charge on the fifth day of every month. Credit card payments will be assessed a convenience fee for each transaction.
- A $35 non-refundable fee is charged for each contract.
- Payments are spread over the length of the semester.
- Anticipated financial aid may be deducted from the total tuition owed in order to lower monthly payments.
- Students are responsible for communicating any changes during the semester in their academic standing which affects tuition (e.g., adds, drops, changes in amount of financial aid, etc.) to a student accounts counselor in the Student Financial Services Office. This includes, but is not limited to, complete withdrawal from the University.
- Failure to honor payment plan obligations will result in the administrative withdrawal from the University as well as prohibition from utilizing a payment plan in subsequent semesters.
|Company Deferment Plans|
Some employers offer a tuition reimbursement program. If a student is participating in such a plan, the student may defer payment of tuition and fees until the end of the term. These arrangements must be set up before the start of each term. See the Company Deferment Instructions.
- Students using a company deferment plan must sign a contract for each semester and provide a letter from their employer indicating their eligibility for the company's tuition reimbursement program.
- A $75 non-refundable fee is due for each contract. This fee may be paid online via your myStThom student account.
- Tuition payment for fall company deferments is due January 31, for spring company deferments June 30 and for summer company deferments September 30. Late payments may result in the student becoming ineligible to use the plan for subsequent semesters in addition to a late fee.
- Download the promissory note, complete ONLY the personal information section, sign and date it. Fax the note along with the online proof of payment and the employer's letter to the Student Financial Services Office (fax: 713-525-2172), or you can scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.