The OIAE supports the University’s mission, values, and strategic initiatives by providing research, support and coordination in the areas of accreditation and assessment.
The mission will be achieved through:
- Collecting, analyzing, and distributing relevant research.
- Supporting the campus through survey research, both national or campus-wide, (NSSE, Campus and Student Satisfaction Surveys and ad hoc surveys) as well as managing the course evaluation process.
- Coordinating a comprehensive system of Institutional Effectiveness Plans that contribute to the mission and strategic initiatives of the University.
- Providing guidance and research support for the University assessment cycle, individual departmental outcomes, and learning outcomes.
- Consulting with departments, programs, and schools from start to finish on research projects to ensure validity and value of data.
- Guiding and facilitating the process of reaffirmation of accreditation and obtaining new program approval from SACSCOC.
- Closing the assessment loop by facilitating the use of research to make informed decisions and change.
- Overseeing the director of the QEP and ensuring its successful implementation and continuous assessment.
As Associate Vice President, Dr. Siobhan Fleming leads the OIAE.